RBI Mentoring matches East Austin 4th graders with a caring mentor to invest in their lives through high school graduation and develop them into the future leaders of their communities.
Why is Mentoring important?
Researchers found that after 18 months of spending time with their mentors, mentees (compared to children without mentors) were:
• 46% less likely to begin using illegal drugs
• 27% less likely to begin using alcohol
• 52% less likely to skip school
• 37% less likely to skip a class
• 33% less likely to hit someone
Source: Public/Private Ventures
How YOU come in:
• Become a mentor! RBI Mentoring entails seeing your mentee twice per month at times you choose that are convenient for your schedule. An initial two-year commitment is required.
• RBI Mentoring values consistency and community. RBI staff and mentors will be here to support you every step of the way!
How to Become a Mentor:
Attend a Volunteer Orientation, complete an application, get interviewed, and get matched!
To learn more about mentoring, check out our Mentoring pdf.